Education Manager - closing date for applications was 10 September 2018
Location: Central London (WC2)
Based in our office in London, we are looking for a dynamic, effective communicator to manage the education commissioning process to ensure the delivery of high quality, impactful programmes, projects and services.
What you’ll do:
As Education Manager you will manage the implementation of GambleAware’s strategy and plan for the commissioning of education and prevention programmes, with the aim of reducing gambling-related harms in Great Britain.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Develop project briefs, specifying the policy context, assessing need for the intervention and service design; assist in development of Invitations to Tender.
- Identifying and communicating with potential suppliers and experts for steering groups, matching the needs of specific projects and programmes.
- Assist in the evaluation of bids and preparation of recommendations for the awarding of funds.
- Assure the quality of projects and services, and their alignment with the Project Brief through providing support, comment and input to delivery teams through all stages of their implementation of the project. Identify where issues require escalation to the Director of Education.
- Coordinate and communicate with service providers, obtaining their input to ensure the quality and impact of projects and services, including collating comments and preparing meeting papers and agendas.
*For full list of responsibilities please download the attached Job Description.
What you’ll need to have:
Reporting to the Director of Education, here is how you will stand out:
- Experience of designing, managing and/or commissioning projects and services in health, education, or similar settings.
- Knowledge of gambling-related harm or relevant field (for example, public health, health sociology, and psychology) would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of using evidence to inform policy and practice.
- Ability to analyse and synthesise complex information into key insights for a range of audiences.
- Sound financial aptitude.
- Experience of building positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
*For the full Person Specification please download the attached job description.
What you’ll get in return:
As an equally important member of our team, our attractive benefits package will include:
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday in a year (excluding public/bank holidays)
- Private health insurance.
How to apply: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS WAS 5PM ON 10 SEPTEMBER 2018
We invite interested candidates to download the full job description and person specification prior to applying.
Equality and diversity are at the core of our values. We welcome applications from everyone who has the necessary skills, qualities and experience to apply.
We are always interested to hear from prospective trustees or employees. Please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com. We will keep your details on file and inform you of suitable future vacancies.