Vision: Our vision is that fewer people in Britain suffer from gambling-related harms.
We work to achieve our vision by making it our mission to:
- Broaden public understanding of gambling-related harms, in particular as a public health issue;
- Advance the cause of harm prevention so as to help build resilience, in particular in relation to the young and those most vulnerable to gambling-related harms; and
- Help those who do develop gambling-related harms get the support that they need quickly and effectively.
We aim to deliver our mission by working to become the primary national ‘knowledge hub’ in relation to gambling-related harms, and an independent thought-leader and trusted expert, using evidence to speak truth to power, and giving voice to lived experience. Specifically, we will:
- Invest in research that makes a positive and practical difference to reducing gambling-related harms in Britain;
- Invest in education, prevention and the most effective interventions to reduce gambling-related harms in Britain within the resources available;
- Provide information and advice about the nature of gambling, the risks associated and where to go for help if needed;
- Reach out to vulnerable groups and communities to reduce the risk of gambling-related harms;
- Work in partnership with other organisations, agencies and experts to help reduce the risk of gambling-related harms;
- Contribute to the development of public policy and raise awareness of the challenges of reducing gambling-related harms.
Our values guide our behaviour and shape everything we do. We are committed to:
- Act with integrity - we will always seek to behave with honesty, fairness and decency;
- Be evidence-based - in the absence of evidence we will apply the precautionary principle when appropriate to fulfil our charitable purpose;
- Maximise impact and value for money - we will always seek to work positively and strategically with stakeholders to maximise impact and value for money.