Required Use of the BeGambleAware logo
The Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice (LCCP) Ordinary Code Provision 5.1.6 states that ‘Licensees should also follow any relevant industry code of practice on advertising, notably the Gambling Industry Code for Socially Responsible Advertising.’
That code requires that the website address should be carried legibly on all print and broadcast advertising where it is feasible, practical, and necessary to do so. Where practical operators should consider using the words ‘For more information and advice visit’ before referring to the website. The website address should also be included as a voiceover on radio ads, when sponsoring TV programmes, on landing pages for banner ads, on corporate websites and within account profiles on social media.
Who can use the BeGambleAware logo?
- All licensed operators who donate the recommended contribution to GambleAware will be granted a 12 month licence to use the trademark logo once they accept the terms of the licence. Please review the licence here and then, to signify your acceptance of these Terms, please send us an email to confirm this, including your name and company name by clicking here.
- Non-commercial organisations (excluding licensed operators) are permitted to use the logo for free e.g. websites providing guidance / support about gambling-related harm. Please download the licence here, print, sign, date and ask someone to witness it and then submit a scanned copy of the entire document with a statement confirming the non-commercial nature of the proposed use and any supporting evidence (e.g. website links) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to confirm our approval of the licence.
- Licensed operators who do not donate to GambleAware will be refused a licence to use the logo, and may not use the logo until they pledge to fund GambleAware, but are permitted to use www.BeGambleAware.org as text only, in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Commercial organisations which are not licensed operators wishing to use the trademark need to become donors to GambleAware before they may use the logo. For 2017/18, the recommended donation for unregulated commercial organisations is the greater of £250 per annum or 0.1% of gambling-related gross annual profit. Once you are a donor, you may use the above form to secure a licence.
- The BeGambleAware website is designed for use within Great Britain so we do not normally grant licences to overseas-based organisations unless they hold a licence from the UK Gambling Commission.
How do I obtain the BeGambleAware artwork?
Once you have accepted the terms of our licence, please download the artwork here.